February 27th, 2008
posted by Cptn
Today the Devon Econonmic Parternship (DEP) will publish the Devon Economic Strategy (DES). And those def lot at DEP have sorted out the DES for up to 2015, which consists of six priorities, and from our reading could just be one sentence – doh!
One priority for a council, or anyone, is understandable - six priorities, which cover every element of everyday life, sounds pretty much like spin, but what the hey as long as it focuses our elected officials.
At least Devon County hasn’t gone down the road of the semi-rhyming sound-bytes of Plymouth City Council whose healthy, wealthy, wise and strong could be the name of a some bizarro Snow Whites dwarfes.
This is what the they say:
“Following the research and consultation with stakeholders from across the county, the strategic priorities for Devon were agreed. They encompass:
· Investment into business infrastructure and communications
· Tackling worklessness and economic exclusion
· Addressing economic disadvantage
· Developing a skilled workforce
· Encouraging business enterprise and innovation
· Establishing Devon as England’s greenest county”
And the Milky Bars are on them.
Check out the Devon Economic Partnership
Entry Filed under: Society